SANGUIS VITA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Bloodlines vampire clan in the virtual world of Second Life. Our values are respect, tolerance, honor, fun and friendship. If you wish to know more about us and feel free to contact us, we don t bite, unless ...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scavenger Hunt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:41 pm

We would like to organize a Scavenger hunt throught the sim, We are looking for people who would like to help in the area's of, organizing, theme, types of Prizes. Please contact me when I am online or offeline with a message of Interest, and your suggestions and or help. Thank you

Brian1 Longfall
Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Everyone loves a good hunt.... and now that we have the alliance with the Annwn family I would like to see a hunt on both sims together. It would be a great way for the two families to meet each other, and explore each others sim.
I would be happy to help in any way that I can, just let me know.
Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: re scavanger hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:05 am

Yes, I agree that we could do an in coorporate two sim scavenger hunt with our alliance. I can contact Elder Lucyi if you like, and would like some feedback on this, before i contact Elder Lucy.
Back to top Go down
minuth
Duke

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: ?   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:16 am

what is the differance between a scavanger hunt and a treasure hunt?

eithetr way im in. let me know how i can help
Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 pm

that is great minuth can use people for a variety of reasons, organizing the hunt, prizes, different idea's of ways finding out if people would like to contribute prizes that sort of thing, and the answer to your question, traditionally, a treasure hunt is a series of clues that lead to the treasure at the end, where a scavenger hunt is clues and prizes along the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
Bill Pedalo
Baron
Bill Pedalo

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:52 am

Will gladly help out anyway I can, just let me know what you need, or want me to do.
Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 am

Here are some things that I think need to be decided on about the hunt.
1. Theme - will we have one, and if so, what?
2. Will the hunt only be for Sanguis Vita Sim or will it include the Annwn Realm? ( If so can or would they want to do this and help with prizes )
3. Will the hunt be free? Some hunts you have to buy the gift for like 1-5 Lindens. Small amount but it will bring in some L for the sim.
4. How many items will be needed?
5. What kind of items are we looking for? ( Such as if we have a theme - coordinate the prizes )
6. When will this happen?
7. How long will it go on? Some are for a day, some are for a week, and some are for a month.
8. One idea is to have the hunt with the last or first day of the hunt being the grand opening of the sim???

Lets get some ideas together! I think it is great that all are willing to help and get something going on the sim.

Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: re scavanger hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:22 am

That is exactly what is needed, idea's, such as themes, for those who been around for awhile we did have a skull hunt on the sim, so firstly, lets throw some themes out there, 2nd yes would like to know from everyone if our allied family will be involved, i believe they should, which means we can either have two hunts going on with the same theme, or tps that bring the next clule and prize to the other sim and visa versa. 3 prizes, depending on the theme, can one of two things, people make the prizes or donate or there are which i have checked prize kits for scavenger hunts. If it will be a paid to enter scavenger hunt, like say 10 L to enter, which ofcourse generates lindens for the sim, if we have our allied family involved then ofcourse we would have to split the entiies. SO before a date can be decided, all of these need to be worked out, which if decided quickly and depending on the theme, can be started soon. thank you for your imputs, and ideas. Where i can help is once things are decided and prizes are gathered, i can place them around the sim, with riddles or clues weith landmarks to the general areal of which the next clue is. and if our allied family would like to be involved can have a person who wants to help in that area, ofcourse there is room for others to help in this area. but want to keep it limited so that more people can be involved in the hunt. Another idea i would like to throw out is if there, for example are say 10 prizes thoughout the sim then the clue from # 9 will be a clue for the 10th prize wich is a grand prize? Any thoughts or idea's on these would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
QueenJunebug
Queen
QueenJunebug

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

great brainstorm...
Back to top Go down
Bill Pedalo
Baron
Bill Pedalo

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm

I think we should start it on a friday, in conjunction with the grand opening id at all possible, and let it run till sunday evening.that way will have a crowded sim all weekend with the club events and the hunt and sundays music to cap it off.
Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: re scavanger hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 am

ok if we are able to get this started by friday, then we are going to have to act fast, we will only at this point have one day to, find out what the prizes are, how and when we are going to have our alliance involved, i can easily get the clues and hiding spots in a morning, but we need suggestions on prizes, maybe a 10 linden entry fee, i was thinking of having something like 10 prizes, with the 9th prize and clue to a grand prize, doesnt have to be huge but a bit better then the other 9, but will have to have that 9th clue to reach it, at this point we havent decided on how we are going to get prizes, box them, with the copyable prize and clue inside of it, my brain must be fried, i dont recall a grand openig on sunday, not that it wasnt said just dont remember but if there is yes it would be a great idea to have it inconjuction with that, if we cant putl it off on fri would like to start it sat and go till sunday, but again, i will look for scavenger kits and maybe prizes that go with them, it willbe easy enough to come up with clues and tps to the area where the next clue is. anyway, if we are to pull this off this soon, going to need feed back on who what where when and how by the end of tomorrow, ( thursday) to start on friday or friday to start on sat. I will take the part of picking locations and placing the what ever we deciide on to incase the prize and clue, so that everyone can play, but the help i will need is what prizes, what kind of grandprize at the end, and someone to be able to make the box or what ever we incase it with copyable.
Back to top Go down
minuth
Duke

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: I believe   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:21 am

I believe Bill said "a" friday, not this friday.

Which is good. He also mentioned starting it in conjunction with the "Grand Opening" of the sim, we are almost ready for i think, Just a few details.

If we do have it and combine it with the Grand Opening, which is briliant, then the theme should be of course "SanguisVita" and all objects should have somehting to do with the clan. or at the very least have our Logo on them.

I like the idea of having clues and riddles to lead someone to the Item.

"What would you do with a drunken sailor, what would you do with a drunken sailor early in the mornin,
Buy him a shot but dont get him wet, buy him a shot but dont let him get wet, early in the morning."

Might indicate the tavern, and play pool, I can check if they did and they can prove they did, because of the transaction history in Secondlife. also this would mean they not only have to find the tavern but go to the highest point in the tavern, forcing them to pass the Zyngo, and the other games.

"knowledge is a key, and pictures are worth a thousands od words.
Take one andunlock the secrets about our family."

This might indicate the Library with all the picures, and the book I created, which contains the origis of our family, out structure, and such. which could then give the knowledge to find other items.

Just a couple quick thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: re scavanger hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:46 am

i did read bill's suggestion wrong, which is good, can give us more time for the prizes, the clues and riddles i am good at, that part is no problem at all, just dont know about putting together the prizes in a copyable container, and weather we are going to have donated things or getting copyable items. i have looked for scavenger kits, the ideas i need are if we are going to put prizes in, then would need someone who knows how to do thtat, Now that i have it straight what i do need is those suggestions of prizes and how to box them in what ever we want to hide them in, the placing around the sim ive already scoped out, and have good places with riddless, the last hunt as i said we had was a skull hunt with prizes in them and clues, karina made and did that one. so, any suggestions on which way we should go with the prizes would be appreciated. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Krystina Breen
Baroness
Krystina Breen

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

see now, if it is a scavenger hunt as I kn ow them. You can connect it to club events through the weekend lol. You could make one of the items to collect be "A notecard created by a dancer scheduled for an event sometime over the weekend at the Club Infernum"

Notecard would have to have a dancer scheduled as the creator.. WEEEEEE lol

Love scavenger hunts. Better than treasure lol
Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:31 pm

I think if we are going to have a hunt it should be longer than just from friday to a sunday. A lot of people work different shifts, and days of the week. It would not be fair to those that work the week ends, or have real life obligations to attend to. How about at least a week long? Most people get in world several times over the week, but just not necessarily the same days of the week. ( I used to work a rotating shift and brian does now to a certain extent as he works two week ends of some variation with the third week end off )
Maybe on sunday with the live music we could officially end the hunt.
If we are not going to do a twin sim hunt with the annwn family then we don't have to worry about contacting them, and correlating the hunt. I do think that some sort of twin sim activity would be a good thing. If not a hunt then something that would involve both sims. Create some cross traffic, and get each family familar with each other sim. Some great friendships are to be found for both sides.
Back to top Go down
QueenJunebug
Queen
QueenJunebug

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:19 am

I must have missed something....what grand opening?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scavenger Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger Hunt   Scavenger Hunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scavenger Hunt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SANGUIS VITA :: In World Events-
Jump to: